On Tuesday 02 April 2002 01:17 am, you wrote:
> [ric@darkstar ric]$ locate xflame
> /usr/share/control-center/screensavers/xflame.xml
> /usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/xflame
> /usr/X11R6/man/man1/xflame.1.bz2
>
> Hint: It;s not the .xml, or th e.bz2 file. ;)
> All of the xscreensaver executables are located in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver
>
> However, it's a full executable. I'm not sure that KDE will run it. I
> may be wrong, but I believe that the kde screensavers are a specific
> file format, read by a screensaver program in kde.
>
> Not the case with xscreensaver.
> What I did a while back was to turn off the kde screensaver, and add
> a section to the "startkde" script to execute xscreensaver when it
> was started. Thus, I had xscreensaver running inside of kde.
>
> That was a couple of years ago though. I'm running gnome these days,
> so I'd have to research a bit to figure out the specifics again.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Ric
>
> On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 17:36, Ken Thompson wrote:
> > I'd like to use X-Flame screen saver in KDE but for the life of me
> > I can't find where the files are stored so they can be found in the
> > KDE ControlCenter. Anybody else put Xscreensaver files in KDE?
> > Gnome shows all the Xscreensaver files, Hmmmm..
> > --
> > Ken Thompson, North West Antique Autos
> > Payette, Idaho
> > Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > http://www.nwaa.com
> > Sales and brokering of antique autos and parts.
> >
> > Linux- Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You
> > Registered Linux User #183936

I'm also interested in this. My favorite screensaver, the BSOD, isn't
available in the KDE screensaver setup. As mentioned above, the full
executable, "bsod" is in the /usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/ directory. Is
there a way to use these screensavers?
Thanks,

--
Jonathan Dlouhy
Tuesday, April 02, 2002
It's as bad as you think and they are out to get you
Registered Linux user #264482      Powered by Mandrake Linux 8.1