Thanks to all.
I have solved the problem.
Using minicom, I must write AT and press he <enter> key twice to get a
OK.
I don't know the reason, but I have created a "chatfile" under /etc/ppp/
like this:
ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
ABORT 'NO DIALTONE'
ABORT 'ERROR'
ABORT 'NO ANSWER'
ABORT 'BUSY'
""
"ATZ" OK
"ATDTxxxxxxxxx" CONNEC

In the options I have put the line:

connect "/usr/sbin/chat -vf /etc/ppp/chatfile"

Also, I have changed the speed from 115200 to 57600 and now the modem is
working ok. I can't use kppp but I use modemlights_applet to call pppd,
and now my friend is enjoying linux + internet.
Thanks.
óscar.

--
  .-.