I have two systems running MDK 82, built nearly identically except for
different security settings. The one running under normal ("high", I
think) security runs ghostview just fine. But the one with security set
to "higher" gets an X error when the renderer tries to start.

The message is
    X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
    Major opcode of failed request:  72 (X_PortImage)
    Serial number of failed request:  27
    Current Serial number in output stream: 34

What can I do to fix this? ghostscript -sDEVICE=x11 works fine. But
without gv working, print preview in KDE apps don't work.

-- j