Sevatio wrote:
> Thank you very much!

Your most welcome.

> Out of curiosity, what do you have listed in your /etc/modules?

scsi_hostadapter
bttv

> Also, do you have an FM tuner on yours?

No, but I do have an old Reveal(tm) FM radio card in an ISA slot.
I had to experiment a bit to find the right module for it and the correct
io address. I ended up with :

    alias radio radio-aimslab
    options radio-aimslab io=0x30c

in /etc/modules.conf. At least on Mandrake 8.1, the radio card modules are in

: /lib/modules/2.4.8-26mdk/kernel/drivers/media/radio

Change the '2.4.8-26mdk' to your kernel version.

The same HowTo that I mentioned earlier was helpful with the FM card also.

> And what application do you use for FM?

radiotrack 2.0 - You can get it here :

http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/apps/sound/radio-cards/radiotrack-2.0.tar.gz

I gave up trying to find a gui app to work the radio. I did find some but
either they were ancient history or just wouldn't build easily enough for my
short attention span ;-) . I may write a simple graphical front-end for
radiotrack when I get time. In the mean time I am using a row of buttons on a
'Child Bar' to execute shell commands such as:
    $ radio on
    $ radio off
    $ radio KUAT
       etc.