That was I did

A) Download de new packages from www.kde.org (April the 7th)in a
specific
directory

B) cd <kde3 download directory>

D) urpmi unixODBC

E) urpmi postgresql

F) urpmi MySQL

G) rpm -ivh *rpm: still some deps; the more problematic MySQL-devel, not
present
in the 8.2 cds; I had to download it from rpmfind.net.

G') with the dependences solved, rpm -ivh *rpm

H)start Xtart as user, and selec 11 KDE (the call for KDE3); close the
KDE3.

I)edit /home/<user>/.kde3/share/config/kpersonalizerrc and write with a
text
editor or mc:

[General]
FirstLogin=false

and save that.

J)copy the /home/<user>/Desktop to /Desktop_KD3

K) Start again KDE3 and change the desktop path in
KDEcontrolcenter--LookNFeel--Desktop--Path to the /Desktop_KDE3
directory; also
change the Trash path to that of the Desktop_KDE3 directory.
Close Kde3

L) as root edit the /etc/initab file and put the last line in this way:
x:5:respawn:/opt/kde3/bin/kdem -nodaemon

If you use kdm to login, you will have the kdm from kde3 release

M) And the most importante change, edit the /etc/profile.d/kde3.sh file
and
change the first line from: export PATH="/opt/kde3/bin:$PATH"
to: export PATH="$PATH:/opt/kde3/bin"

Save it.

N) Now you need restart the computer (probably there is a way to
activate all
these changes without reboot, but I am a newbie in kde and I have not
idea :-()

O) Now you will have both, kde2.2 and kde3, runing together without
major
problems.

Ah!, if you use the Spanish language file, you will not have the Euro
symbol in
the kde applications. THIS IS A BUG recently solved for kde2.2 in
Mandrake 8.2,
but need to be solved in kde3.

Good luck

Francisco Alcaraz