On April 15, 2002 19:37, skidley wrote:
> Just wondered what is up with the syslog in 8.2. The /etc/syslog.conf
> doesn't have the logging to /dev/tty12 now. I want this option. I've
> added my own line to /etc/syslog.conf and then this stupid msec crap
> removes the line.(I set security at standard during install)
> How can i get back logging to /dev/tty12? This is the line I added:
>
> *.info;mail.none;;news.none;authpriv.*;local7.*;auth.*;daemon.info
> /dev/tty12

Add the following to the file
/etc/security/msec/level.local (create it if necessary) .

from mseclib import * (add this line if it is not already there)
enable_console_log(1)

Save the changes and then run msec to update the configuration.

There is an excellent article on this at :
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/msec.php
Also enter "man mseclib" in a terminal, or "man:/mseclib" in your browser
for a list of settings that can be manually configured.

--
Tim Cruikshank
[EMAIL PROTECTED]