"J. Grant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> change your runlevel to shell and login individually, thats a work
> around not a fix (c)

Okay, thanks. We did that today and kde works, in english for one user
and japanese for another. Gnome seems to be having some problems, but
that isn't a huge concern and i half think we left a stray config file
somewhere that might be causing the trouble.

> ps I am assuming your window manager is configured correctly

If by `correctly' you mean kde control center is set to english for
one user and japanese for the other, then yes.

> pps why is your return address overriding the mandrake one?

good question. i do not know. i am using gnus and the reply-to is set
in the .emacs or .gnus file. shouldn't be a problem, but maybe it is?
I changed it manually this time (to point to the list). did it work
okay?

--
Chris Spackman

gpg: 9B6B 860E 7C06 787F 366F 5D3E 7152 DCB2 FC51 51B9