Photoshop for MacOS X is a port of the old Mac 'Classic' version via the Carbon
API. It is not a true UNIX application per se, so I don't think it can be ported
easily to other Unices like GNU/Linux. I'm sure they'll eventually make a Cocoa
(the native MacOS X API) version, but that will take some time (it's a tough
job). From there, assuming that it hasn't been made to be too Quartz-specific
(Quartz is MacOS X's graphical rendering engine), it should theoretically be
able to be ported to the X Window System. Of ocurse, they'll need to also ensure
that it isn't too PPC-specific so that it can be ported to x86 and other
processor architectures.

Codeweavers has placed Photoshop (the Windows version) support rather high on
their priority list to get working in CrossOver Office. It's likely that we'll
see this support emerge long before Adobe make their own port.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                But hey, thats just my 31,000 Turkish Lira.