On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 08:00:43PM +0200, Javier Martinez Villacampa wrote:

>       No, the monitor doesn't appear in the list of monitors.

If you shared its specs with us it could possibly be added. But i'm not
maintainer of the package.

> > >   My graphics card is a TNT2 M64 (PixelView All-in-ComboTV 128) with 32
> > > MBs, so this is not the problem. The problem is in the program that
> > > configures the refresh.
> > Do both your card and monitor support DDC? If so, the monitor should be
> > detected but often it is not.
>
>       Yes, both support DDC. But he problem is that XFdrake configure a
> default mode of 85 Hz at 1024x768 with XFree86 4.2.0, but i would prefer
> 100Hz as does XFdrake with XFree86 3.3.6.
> And this happens with some friend's monitors.
>
>       I can do and i know how, change in XF86config archive, but it would be
> better for newbies that XFdrake give more than one option if possible.
There's the problem it shows only 800x600 and 1024x768 and you have to
click some button to select anythig different. The refresh rate is how X
work and is reasonoble because it prevents you from having 640x480@160
;-) IMHO if you really want 100Hz you can edit the config.

--
        Michal Suchanek
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]