Le Mardi 23 Avril 2002 22:07, J. Craig Woods a écrit :
> Sylvestre,
>
> I am not the poster that originally posted that Samba came without ACL
> support but my question to you still stands *UN*answered. Although you
> were unable or unwilling to answer the question, I asked a very simple
> question: where is this "samba.spec" file your refer to? While doing an
> install of 8.2, I chose to have Samba installed. Now, my installed has
> completed, and there is no samba.spec file. I realize that if, after my
> OS installation, I decided to build and intall Samba, I would then find
> a "samba.spec" file. BUT after doing a complete OS installation with
> Samba selected, where is the samba.spec file? I contend that there is
> no such file. So how would I know what "--configure-with" options have
> been used on Samba?

If you want to check the configure options samba was built with, then you
have to check out the spec file in the samba SRPM. sorry about that.

You can also ldd on the smbd binary for instance, and check that libacl is
properly linked:

[root@ryu root]# ldd /home/rpm/rpm/BUILD/samba-2.2.3a/source/bin/smbd
        libacl.so.1 => /lib/libacl.so.1 (0x40029000)
        libcups.so.2 => /usr/lib/libcups.so.2 (0x4002f000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x4004a000)
        libnsl.so.1 => /lib/libnsl.so.1 (0x4004e000)
        libpam.so.0 => /lib/libpam.so.0 (0x40064000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4006c000)
        libssl.so.0 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.0 (0x401ab000)
        libcrypto.so.0 => /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0 (0x401d8000)

> The originator of this thread stated that no ACL support was compiled
> into the Samba that was installed while doing the system install. I
> think I hear you saying, "yes, it was". Again, my question is very
> simple, "how would I know what samba is compiled with since no
> samba.spec will exist on the system"?

Looks like you don't trust mdk developpers very much, uh? ;o)

> BTW why is this thread not directed to the expert list?

Because I just didn'nt want to bother other members of the expert list by
posting the samba.spec file on the list. BTW did you check the spec file I
sent to you? did you see why I stated "yes I have compiled the samba rpm with
ACL support"?

> Craig Woods

Cheers
--
Sylvestre Taburet - Project Manager
Mandrakesoft S.A. - 43, rue d'Aboukir, 75002 Paris - FRANCE