On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:37, ngn wrote:
> Hi.... I'm in the way of develop in Java, In order to do it I'm looking for
> a good IDE of Java for Linux Mandrake

Number of options, none of which I've really used, so I can't vouch for which
is best.

JBuilder from Borland, they have a free personal edition, but missing various
advanced features.  See http://www.borland.com/jbuilder/personal/

Forte from Sun, also free community edition, also missing some advanced
features.  See http://wwws.sun.com/software/Developer-products/ffj/index.html

Eclipse from IBM, new Open Source multi-language IDE, still under
developement, but Java portion already works.  Is slated to replace
VisualAge.  See http://www.eclipse.org/

Netbeans, Open Source project started by Sun, I've never played with it, but
seems to be fully featured.  See http://www.netbeans.org/

And if you're really daring, the new multi-language version of kdevelop in
CVS, called Gideon, can do Java.  See http://www.kdevelop.org

I'm surre there's more, but these would be the leaders.

John.