Dear experts:

    I had a GIANT memory fiasco. Installed some corrupted memory (booted
fine, BIOS mem check was fine) but upon booting into the OS, the system
crashd about about 5 minutes later leaving my primary hard drive
irrepairably coss-linked both clusters and files. The good news is that
I booted into the M$ OS on hda and my LM7.2 is still safe on hdb.

    I will ultimately have to reformat hda which will wipe out my grub
boot loader. I need some advise on how to re-install grub after I
re-format and re-load the M$ OS on hda. I think I understand grub enough
to configure it after I get it installed, I'm just not sure about how to
get the code into the boot record.

    Specifically, I don't know if its lilo first, then grub or vice
versa. Yes, I can rtfm, and I have. Yes, I know /sbin/lilo installs the
boot loader. I just haven't done it manually before and would like any
brief bits of wisdom you may be willing to share.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
RANKIN * BERTIN, PLLC