I mentioned this probably bug of 8.2 in the crashtesters list, but I
have the feeling that not enought attention has been given. Other
crashtesters have tryed with the same badly results.

Try to copy files from the harddrive to a floppy using konqueror. You
can do it with just a konqueror windows open or two. You can use both:
kde2.2 or kde3. Every time the result is the same, you need reset the
computer that becames absolutely hunged. If you use other file
managers (krusader, nautilus...) you haven't any problem.

Please test this.

Francisco Alcaraz
Murcia (Spain)