On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 05:11:54PM -0400, Brian York wrote:
> When you install a fresh copy of LM 8.2 and you set it to 'higher'
> security through the installation you can get different sequrity options
> for the users and for the system. When i tried this a few weeks back i
> could not login directly as root (sure that was because of the
> configuration) so i reinstalled with the 'high' security option. The
> higher had some aspects that i liked about it. When i changed it after
> the install with the 'high' security i changed the security level to
> 'higher' and with normal users could not list or read files from
> directories other than the users home. Thats the second thing that i
> didn't like (first was not being able to login as root) how can i
> customize the security level to disable feature that i don't like?
>
> Thanks
> Brian

have a look at
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/msec.php

I have a file /etc/security/msec/level.local where I can add any changes
I want or enable/disable some features. It uses mseclib so man mseclib
to see the options you can use. Heres an example of allowing root
logins:

$ cat /etc/security/msec/level.local

from mseclib import *

allow_root_login(1)