I've updated from 8.1 to 8.2, and everything seems to have gone fairly
smoothly.  I've applied the security updates using rpmdrake to bring
everything up to current version.

When I click on my "Control Center" icon on the desktop, or select
"Mandrake Control Center" from the K menu (using KDE), it will ask me for
root's password, and then nothing happens.  I finally decided to open a
shell window, su'd to root, typed DrakConf in at the prompt, and got the
following messages in the shell:

modprobe: Can't locate module floppy
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.1
libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.12
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

** ERROR **: No such image: scroller-h-trough.png
aborting....

Any ideas?  I checked in rpmdrake, and there's no updates showing for
libpng.  I do see that I've got libpng3 v2.1.2.1-6mdk installed.  But
what's causing DrakConf from running?

                  --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!