On April 28, 2002 20:13 pm, Ric Tibbetts wrote:
> All;
> I'm currently away from my home system. Before I left, I set up imap,
> and pop so that I could receive my e-Mail, even though I'm not on the
> network.
>
> Now that I'm out here, I've noticed that I cannot send mail, via smtp
> through my home server. It's not a major problem, since I can route
> through an ISP, but I'd like to get it to work.

If you are using postfix, by default it will accept mail only from or to the
local network or domain, or to domains that are hosted by Postfix, so that
your system can't be used as a mail relay to forward bulk mail.

Check the postfix documentation on how to add other acceptable hosts to
postfix.

--
Live fast, die young,
you're sucking up my bandwidth.

 Kernel version: 2.4.18-12mdk
Current Linux uptime: 8 hours 36 minutes.