On Monday 29 April 2002 02:40 pm, you wrote:
> My sound card is not working at all... it was working fine when I was using
> Mandrake 8.1
>   I have a Yamaha YMF-724F [DF-1 Audio Controller]
>   Kernel Module:  snd-card-ymfpci           Bus type:  PCI
>
> now I have Mandrake 8.2   and I can't get it to work at all... I tried to
> download extra sound programs thru Mandrake  (ex.  search ==> snd)   and
> installed what I could...  I still have nothing..  please advise?

Did you do a full install or an upgrade? I had the same problem with my k6-2
amd with sblive. I reinstalled the system and then all worked fine.
Hopefully, you have a seperate /home partition and backup your config files
from /etc if you have something groovy life postfix with imap and ldap
configured and etc.
Altoine B
Maximum Time Unlimited
Chicago Based and Operated
I call them as I see them.  If I can't see them, I make them up.
                -- Biff Barf
2.4.18-6mdk