Hi,
I have installed loMandrake Linux 8.2 with mediumsecurity.
But when I type locate somefilename, I get only one or two instances of it
even thoguh the whole h/d including the windows partitions [vfat] has few
instances more.
I am not saying that it does not take from windowes partitions at all, but
it never searches the whole harddisk.
I have made necessary changes to up updatedb.conf in /etc which will allow
it to see the whole h/d. Then I ran updatedb & as well as slocate -u & to
be on safer side. Still not all of my h/d is covered. Some random portions
are never taken into account of.
Please tell me what is wrong. I had no problems like this with Mandrake
8.0 or before.
Thanks and bye.
-Payal