On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:46:18 -0400, Nelson Bartley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I REALLY desperately need to know how to undelete something under an ext3 file
>
> system. I just accidentally deleted my mail files (over 500MB of e-mail) off
> my network drive and I desperately need to get it back. As I have access to
> the server, I'm hoping there is a restore/undelete tool that can be used on
> that directory.
>
> If any such thing exists please let me know... I'm very desperate at this
> point.

These are based on ext2, but they may possibly work for ext3 as well:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Ext2fs-Undeletion.html
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Ext2fs-Undeletion-Dir-Struct/index.html

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                "If Microsoft is innovative in any area,
        it is in creating new forms of intimidation." -- Ralph Nader