On Sunday 05 May 2002 09:06 pm, you wrote:
> Brian,
> Why is it unsafe to write in NTSF from linux?.
> The thing is that even putting rw in the command line of mount, I cannot
> write in the disk. How would be the line with the "user" statement.

Because there are more than four different versions of NTFS. There seems to
be a version for every OS that uses it by M$. Here is a link with a more
extensive explanation:

http://TWiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/LinuxFilesystems

On that page it shows three common NTFS partitions; NTFS4 (Windows NT4),
NTFS5a (Windows 2000), and NTFS5b (Windows XP). I think the reason for the
warning is more so for the latest NTFS partition (Windows XP) then anything
else. Windows XP is supposed to have support for at least four versions of
NTFS by default. I wish I had the link for that right now but I will more
than likely look for it later if there is interest.

Altoine B
Maximum Time Unlimited
Chicago Based and Operated
There's a thrill in store for all for we're about to toast
The corporation that we represent.
We're here to cheer each pioneer and also proudly boast,
Of that man of men our sterling president
The name of T.J. Watson means
A courage none can stem
And we feel honored to be here to toast the IBM.
                -- Ever Onward, from the 1940 IBM Songbook
2.4.18-6mdk