On Monday 06 May 2002 12:40 am, you wrote:
> Brian Parish wrote:
> > I have heard that there are utilities to do this, but haven't wanted to
> > use them myself.  There has been some discussion here or on the newbie
> > list which has mentioned some possibilities.  You may like to check the
> > archives.
>
> http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm
>
> try that, I've not tried it myself yet though so don't ask how it works
> or for much more help :)

I've used this program for over two years. I can vouch that it works but your
filesystem will have to be ext2 on the linux partitions. When I changed mine
to reiserfs, XFS, and even ext3, I lost the ability to see on those drives
with the exception for my /boot partition that was mounted with ext2 as it's
filesystem.

Altoine B
Maximum Time Unlimited
Chicago Based and Operated
The next person to mention spaghetti stacks to me is going to have
his head knocked off.
                -- Bill Conrad
2.4.18-6mdk