David Rankin wrote:

>         That's it, I've had it, I'm ripping that sucker out by the RAMDAC. Then
> I'm going to see how far that square frizbee will fly!
>
>         I've given up trying to sort out the #9 Imagine 128 video problems with
> X4.2 and X3.3.6 (for now). Why it works under LM7.2 and not under 8.2,
> we'll never know. Anyway, anybody know a good fast 2D card that does
> work with LM8.2 that I can find pretty cheap out there?

David ,

I have successfully setup a 2mg pci s3 trio and an 4mg ati 3d rageIIc
agp card
in Lm 8.2 , but I had to setup xfree86 a second time before I could even
see anything.
You've probably already read that thread about it not seting itself up
completely the first time , right?

I have found many , many things that don't work properly yet in 8.2 so I
run 8.0 most of the time, because everything is absolutely perfect for
me - Your Mileage May(will)Vary.

If 7.2 works for you or say even 8.0 why not stick with it?
 I probably will as I am very disappointed with 8.2  :-(

Mike McNeese