On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 17:19, db wrote:

> I installed the CDRW, the lilo.conf settings appear to be correct.
> I launched xcdroast (ver 0.98alpha9) the first time as superuser and made
> the initial configs (or thought I did...).  When I tried to run it as normal
> user from the command line, I got these command line warnings:
> "Installation problem?  No set-uid bit on /usr/bin/mkisofs"
> "Installation problem?  No set-uid bit on /usr/bin/readcd"
>
> and this X-cd-roast popup: "
> No configuration file found Please enter setup."
>
> the first two sound like some kind of permission problem.
> I don't know why it says no config file found ...
>
> Can anyone tell me what these error messages mean?

OK, first did you install the updates for the cd writing stuff?  It's
broken out of the box in 8.2.  Assuming that's handled, the first time
you run xcdroast needs to be as root.  That will create the config file.

Even then, I found I had to manually set set-uid on the two files
mentioned.

Then it works.  Why do people say linux is difficult? ;-)

HTH
Brian