Stephen,
Are you trying to run an encripted dvd?

The plugin for those dvd are not supported by Mandrake, due to the
possibitity of legal problems in some countries (e. USA), you can find
the appropriates rpms for 8.2 in http://plf.zarb.org/

Also you could find there the rpms for the 0.9.9 xine release, that has
been improved and debuged a lot; also some other plugins for xine are there.

Francisco Alcaraz
Murcia (Spain)

>I'm trying to get xine working in 8.2. I'm not sure it is finding the
>DVD drive though I have created the appropriate sym links. Xine gives
>me the following error message:
>"xine engine error
>There is no available input plugin available to handle 'xine-ui
>version 0.9.8'."

>Since I've installed 'xine-plugins' I have no idea what this message
>means. Do you?
>Thanks,
>Steve
>Stephen B. Browne