On May 13, 2002 03:54 pm, Daniel Anderson wrote:
> Is there any other companies to order wholsale computers and parts from
> other than Tiger Direct that carries a wide variety of products? If so
> please let me know!
>
> Dan
I dunno if they're a wholesaler Dan but I've had a few friends in the US
order from:
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/
and they were happy with the results. It seems their specialty is AMD based
systems but that isn't really a bad thing is it?

There are a few companies that sell online/by phone here in Canada as well.
I've never dealt with them but I didn't see anything bad anywhere either.
They build sans OS and add for what you want installed. CDN$59 for Red Hat
7.2 but I'm fairly sure you could convince them to load Mandrake instead. Or
D.I.Y and save the money. Windows XP Home and Professional are available
options, Canadian$159 or CDN$240. Exchange rate is at US$1=CDN$1.554300 at
present. Or CDN$1=US$.642963

The site is http://www.NCIX.com/

I'm ceratin there are others as well. Those are just the two I remember.

HTH
--
Charlie, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Mandrake 8.2