I had not yet switched to MDK 8.2, but a disk failure made me go for it a few
days ago.  All had seemed fine--I was getting things set up the way I wanted
them.  Then, tonight, I found that the filesystems on Zip disks are being
corrupted when I try to delete files (works fine for reading and
writing--which I had tried previously).  First problem I noticed was that
deleting was taking a very long time, with Zip drive light flashing.  Then a
delete froze the machine, necessitating a hard reboot.  I then found that a
supposedly empty Zip disk was now showing up (via Konqueror properties and a
df) as having significant fractions of the space used, and that I could in
fact only write the amount that was showing as free.  Further testing showed
that deleting files *never* reduces the used space on the disk--though
Konqueror and ls list no files!  (dosfsck will recover the supposedly deleted
files as unused clusters.)  Took disks to my Windows machine and it shows
same used/free fractions.  Reformatted disks and they are fine, but testing
shows that deleting files under MDK 8.2 is not returning clusters--i.e., FAT
filesystem on the Zip disks is being corrupted.  To make sure this was not
some sudden drive failure, a booted into an older MDK 8.0 installation on the
machine.  There the Zip works properly.  So, this is a MDK 8.2 problem.  The
Zip-specific differences between the 8.0 and 8.2 installations include:
(1) supermount in 8.2 but not in 8.0; and
(2) Zip as ide-scsi in 8.2 but as ide-floppy in 8.0.

Before I started toying with various combinations to try to figure out what
is to blame,  I thought I would ask if anyone else has had this same problem?
(Perhaps you have it and don't know it.)  If so, please let me know.  Since I
have run Zip drives as ide-scsi devices in the past, I would be surprised if
that is the problem--unless the newer driver has problems.

Thanks!

Norm