On 5/9/02 14:35, "Jay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a firewall in which I can, for example, leave port 80 open for
> apache, yet have it appear stealthed from any scans (eg, using Nmap).

Port 80 could be "scanned" by simply performing a get/head request on it.
However, intrusion detections packages/scripts can detect scans across
multiple ports and alarm/lock/sniff as a result.  I'd look into 'snort' or
'portsentry' for free intrusion detection tools, but there's a whole
industry devoted to this..

Personally, the last 3-4 firewalls I've built have been hardened Mandrake
8.1 installs with the latest 2.4 kernels and iptables tools, along with
FreeS/WAN.  Works really well...

Cheers,
- Matt