You could do    diff -r dirctoryA directoryB > somefile.txt.

   I use this method to verify that multiple burns of a CD (test models
for QA) are identical.  It checks all the files on a box and lists
either the difference if it's an ascii file or a message if the binaries
are different.  For a 400 meg cd comparison it takes about 20 minutes
but it does find rw errors etc for us.

James