Robin wrote:
> Here are a few small puzzling things that my 8.2 box has been keeping me
> wondering.
>
> I edited /etc/ssh/sshd_config to disable root login and only allow
> selected user accounts to login with ssh. Everything works fine until I
> come back to it the next day. The config file is reversed to the one
> before I changed it, and I can ssh login with root again.
>
> One of my workstation for testing has 2 nic installed. I always use
> ifconfig eth0 down to disable one of them. The problem is that it seems
> some time after midnight, the downed nic would come back up by itself.
>
> I am really clueless on even where to start looking.
>
> One last question, anyone know how to keep a window without frame on top
> in Fluxbox? I am trying to keep Gkrellm on top of other windows.
>
> Big thanks to any suggestion, it's been keeping me up too long.

This truly has to be classified as "any suggestion", since you "really"
are "clueless" ;-)  (What I'm trying to say is, I don't have a clue
either, just a suspicion.)  Based on what I've gleaned from the mail
lists, anytime something changes without any other explanation, I'd at
least suspect msec -- are you running it?  If so, do some reading.  I
have a (very) few notes on it here:

http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/LinuxMsec

If you find other good stuff, feel free to edit the page and add to it.

Randy Kramer