On Sun, 19 May 2002 16:42:04 -0700, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Charles I've got a 1993 vintage Samsung that's still running strong ...
> It runs 24/7 and was shipped in the comp from Korea to the US.  The
> story seems to be over all.
>
> Don't buy WD
>
> Quantum and Fijutsu ..... the jury is still out.

Both of those companies are now out of the picture. Quantum is now owned by
Maxtor. Fujitsu has sold its desktop HDD division (IIRC to Western Digital), and
now focuses entirely on notebook drives.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"I don't actually follow other operating systems much. I don't compete - I just
worry about making Linux better than itself, not others." -- Linus Torvalds