Hey there.

I have this compact flash card reader, and it plugs into my parallel port.

Back in September, when just before I started using Linux full-time, I had
Windows XP installed for about two weeks.

It picked up the reader as a generic storage device.

I could never get this thing to work in Win2k, and the drivers in Win98 were
quite buggy.

Now, I am wondering how I get this thing to work in Linux.

Since WinXP used a generic driver for parallel port storage devices, I am
wondering if there is such a thing for Linux...

I got my USB flash card reader to work without any special download this,
compile that, probe this, edit that...

But since that reader won't read my 64MB CF card, it is nearly useless to me.

Please help me get this thing to work.

Thanks.

The model would be a MDCFE-SR by Datafab, although it shouldn't make much of
a difference.