sounds like a screwed cd or sumptin, I don't have the "powerpack" I have the
"prosuite" but to check I just went to xcdroast and tried to burn disk 1, and
had no problem.
you should be aware that the "powerpack" has some programs (on disk 3,4,5,)
that are not GNU (SO6 for one) and should not be burned and given away, they
are purchased software that you paid for whaen you bought the powerpack. you
can freely burn the 2 GNU cds though
have you tried gcombust?