George De Bruin wrote:

 > et <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >

 >>on the other hand, it might be nice to know what happens when you are
"froze"
 >>what actions do you take to shut down? and what is the results of
 >>ctrl+alt+f2? or ctrl+alt+Backspace? might also be related to the IRQ,
and

 > If his experience is like mine (which, based on what he described,
and the fact that both our software and hardware configurations are
*extremely* similar - nearly identical) I'd make a bet that these don't
work at all.  I tried going to another terminal, then killing X...
Finally, I let my machine sit for about 45 minutes to see if anything
ever responded: nothing happened.  The only way out I could find was the
power switch.

 > I doubt the mis-configured service theory, or a bad USB device.
Given that I was able to fix the problem by turning off the video
acceleration, I suspect that the NVidia driver is conflicting with the
kernel's memory management.  (Which fits the message he found about not
being able to page correctly...)

 > // George

Well I would say it's a different problem, and I'll explain why: I've
also had some lock-ups which were X-related before ( specially with 1512
   drivers; since 2313/14 came out it became very rare); while for a
non-network system it really looks like a complete lock-up, if you're on
a network it's easy to telnet in and see that's X is the only thing that
hangs. Besides, these X-related lockups seemed to happen after some
graphic intensive task; these freezes I got lately were completely
random (in fact they NEVER did occur during/after a graphic intensive task).

Since it's  quite hard to completely dismiss any alternative, it might
be indeed that Nvidia drivers have something to do with it.
Unfortunately disabling acceleration is not something viable to me.
Also note that the A7V and A7V133 have different south bridges, they are
not quite as identical as they look like. :^)

Wooky/Jeferson L.Zacco

shinjiteiru shinjirareru,
korekara aruku kono michi wo!
kimi ga iru yo, boku ga iru yo