On Wednesday 29 May 2002 04:48 pm, James wrote:
> On Wed, 29 May 2002 14:41:16 -0700
>
> James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 29 May 2002 23:42:01 +0200

[...]
> Found this one also ps2ps....... ????? isn't that like why is the time
> wrong when I type uname -a or am I denser than normal?

I would never have thought to use ps2ascii on a pdf.  Thanks, it did the
trick.

As for ps2ps, I have had to use this a lot because not all ps files are
equal.  Sometimes, the ps output of certain apps (lyx does it the right way,
a lot of other wordprocessors or graphics apps screw it up) do not display
properly or are not properly formatted.  Running ps2ps often corrects it,
just eps2eps will often correct improper formatting (from kontour, for
instance).

Basically, both ps2ps and eps2eps simplifies the file making it cleaner,
smaller, and faster.

praedor