I'm still trying to tweak my file associations in KDE and I have encountered
an odd problem. I just installed the Crossover Plugin so I can use some
Windows plugins and so far it seems to work pretty good. But I am having an
odd problem with file associations.

I have downloaded and installed Windows Media Player and am trying to get it
to associate with .wmv files. In my list of file associations I have an
x-ms-wmv mimetype, filename pattern is set to *.wmv, and the application
preference order is just set to "wmediaplayer.sh" (the Crossover launcher for
Media Player). Embedding is set to "show file in a seperate viewer."

If I left-click on a .wmv file I get a bunch of crap in my browser window and
Windows Media Player does not open. However, if I right click on it, select
Open With, then type in wmediaplayer.sh it opens it just fine.

What am I doing wrong with my associations? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks...

-Chris