the desicion, which device is handled by supermount is set - as usually
- in /etc/fstab.

in order to get your floppy working w/o supermount, you should change
the floppy entry:

----CUT----
/mnt/floppy     /mnt/floppy     supermount
dev=/dev/fd0,fs=vfat,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,sync,codepage=850 0 0

... to this:

/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto defaults 0 0

I am actually wondering, why mandrake uses vfat as the default floppy
filesystem, so I suggest using automagic detection (auto).

udo