engage wrote:

> chkrootkit displayed the following:
>
> Searching for suspicious files and dirs, it may take a while...
> /usr/lib/libDrakX/auto/Newt/.exists /usr/lib/libDrakX/auto/c/stuff/.exists
>/usr/lib/libDrakX/auto/resize_fat/c_rewritten/.exists /lib/aurora/default/.gtkrc
>/lib/aurora/default/icons/.xpm /lib/aurora/default-categorizing/icons/.xpm
>
> Are these files actually trouble? The .exists files are 0 bytes.

When posting info like this, it is exceedingly difficult to make an
assessment if we have no info about your system, specifically what
version of OS are you running. I can tell you that I have checked
mandrake's 7.2 and 8.2 out, and I have no such file named ".exists" on
either one of these boxes. The "/lib/aurora/" directory is not even on
either one of these two versions. I do, however, have some ".gtkrc"
files on both the boxes but they are where they should be: in home
directories.

drjung
--
J. Craig Woods