Randy Kramer wrote:
> I hear good things about Namazu -- see
> http://www.namazu.org/doc/tutorial.html#can-not-do.

See also the following page on TWiki, which has the results of some
experiments done with Namazu (quite a ways down the page -- search for
Namazu or RandyKramer):

http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Codev/SearchEngineVsGrepSearch

Here is a quote:

"For instance indexing MSO documents is slow: 70 minutes to index 1800
local documents totalling 370 mb on a dual PIV800MHz with 512mb ram."

Note that, in the above case:
   1. Namazu was indexing document on the local computer, not remotely
over the web
   2. I don't know whether the 70 minutes to index 370 mb of MSO(ffice)
documents is slow or not -- Matt's point was that it indexes MSO
documents slower than, for example, plain text files.  And, is
irrelevant anyway if you don't need to index MSO documents.

If you do try Namazu, I'd be interested in your reaction.  Write back to
the list, or add your comments to
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/InternetSearchEngineResources.

Randy Kramer