Hi,

I posted a while back about the fact that using the version of evolution
that comes with 8.2, I can no longer sync with my Palm V.  No errors -
it just doesn't do it.

Anyway, I decided to give the latest cooker version a go to see if that
addresses the problem.  Downloaded it and the dependent rpms, so I now
have:

bonobo-conf-0.15-1mdk.i586.rpm
evolution-1.0.5-3mdk.i586.rpm
evolution-pilot-1.0.5-3mdk.i586.rpm
gtkhtml-1.0.3-1mdk.i586.rpm
libgal19-0.19.2-1mdk.i586.rpm
libnss3-1.0-0.rc2.2mdk.i586.rpm

rpm -Uvh *

tells me that mozilla requires the older libnss3.  Now I know that if I
force the install, mozilla will probably be broken.  Don't want that.
If I upgrade mozilla, just about everything else will be broken.  Want
that even less.

So, I downloaded Texstar's version of evolution from:

http://www2.cddc.vt.edu/linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/Mandrake-8.2/RPMS/

Same dependencies (as expected, but sometimes he gets around these
issues).

Before I start breaking things then, can anyone say:

1. whether this version of evolution is likely to fix my sync issue?, or
2. is there a devious way of handling the libnss3 dependency?, or
3. a way to configure the standard 8.2 version to correctly sync?
4. other creative suggestion

TIA
Brian