Azrael wrote:
> nDiScReEt wrote:
>
>> Azrael wrote:

>>> /dev/dvd and /dev/rdvd are there. I can access dvd's - I just can't
>>> view them because they are encrypted and xine says I have no plugin
>>> to view them.
>>>
>>> -- Azrael
>>

>> Try this...
>>
>> xine -pq dvdnav://
>>
>> at the command prompt.

>> Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft? Go to
>> http://www.mandrakestore.com
>>

> cool.. that worked!!!! How can I change the default of xine that when I
> press the dvd button it uses dvdnav:// rather than dvd:// ?
>
> many thanks :) :) :)

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Open up Menudrake and go to Multimedia | Video  and then move down to
the Xine icon (or in my case, create a new seperate entry by clicking on
"Add entry").

once you are there, look at the line "Command". It should presently read
this if you didn't make your own entry:

/usr/bin/xine

The Title you can name it xine-encrypted or whatever your heart desires,
if you are creating a new entry.

The command should now read:

/usr/bin/xine -pq dvdnav://

This by the way is really only a problem with xine-0.9.8 that I have
noticed. Upgrade to 0.9.9 and all you would have to click on is the
plugin for dvdnav.

Your welcome and enjoy!

--
Altoine B
Maximum Time Unlimited

If you think the system is working, ask someone who's waiting for a prompt.

Linux 2.4.18-12mdk i686