you're the one reading it wrong, thats just mail client wrap around screwing
up the display. type `route -n` in a shell, interface is the last column
displayed. granted he needs a default route added. but the problem is either
the realtek kernel module or a problem with physical cable connectivity, not
ip addressing.

--
Brandon Long
Network Administrator