On Saturday 15 June 2002 06:54 pm, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-06-15 at 09:36, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> > Thanks for answering. I just found that I missed that one RPM during
> > installation. Should have found that by myself before writing to the
> > list!

I originally ran into this problem after a full install of 8.2 as well.  I
tried and tried to get gcc 3.0 to work after doing a "ln -s /usr/bin/cpp
/usr/bin/cpp0" which went a little ways to making it usable.  I also had what
turned out to be a partial gcc-2.96 install (don't know why).

Ultimately, and here comes my puzzled question, I removed gcc-3.0 entireley
and installed everything for gcc-2.96 I could find, but try as I might I
could not find gcc-cpp.  FINALLY I did find it after doing a CD-by-CD
search...it was on my Mandrake 8.2 Commercial CD 1 (?!) along with gcc-objc.

So, why are these two RPMs on the Commercial CD instead of install disk 1 or
2 at best, or the Supplemental CD at the very least?  I was THIS close to
giving up and downloading from the net thinking that I had a mispackaged box
set lacking two critical rpms until I did the tedious task of manually
searching each and every CD I had.  The Commercial CD 1 ?  I really don't
understand that one.

praedor