Hi,

I'm trying to get USB 2 working under Mandrake 8.2, so far it fails to
operate correctly when I use -- "alias usb-interface ehci-hcd" in
modules.conf.  Motherboard has a VIA VT8235 southbridge.

If I use "alias usb-interface usb-uhci" then USB works fine as USB ver 1.0 @
12 MB/s.  With 3 root hubs and 2 ports each.

I have a Epson C42UX and a Freecom FX-1 CD-RW which are both detected in
UsbView (/proc/bus/usb/devices) correctly and I have no problems printing,
(haven't tried the FX-1 yet).

As soon as I switch modules to "alias usb-interface ehci-hcd" the ehci
module is picked up and configured (or so messages log tells me), however
UsbView only reports 1 root hub (USB ver 2.0 @ 480 MB/s) but with 6 ports!!

As soon as a device is plugged in get the following kernel error;

kernel:     ehci-hub.c:  GetStatus port 1 status 0x1803 POWER speed=2 CSC
CONNECT
kernel:     hub.c:  Cannot enable port 1 of hub 1, disabling port
kernel:     hub.c:  Maybe the USB cable is bad?
kernel:     ehci-hcd.c: 00:10.3: free_config devnum 0

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy