On Tuesday 18 June 2002 05:30 pm, iggy wrote:
> my system locks when shutting down/rebooting with this error message
> "umount: /net: device is busy".

I noticed that when I disabled Supermount and installed my own mount/umount
desktop icons, this problem appeared.  The cause was related to the binding
of Konqueror, which I was using to access the mounted CDROM, to the mounted
drive.  Changing the display to another subdirectory other than /mnt or
anything underneath didn't help.  I had to close Konqueror before the CDROM
before the umount would work.    Konqueror, Mozilla and Galeon have children
thread services which can stay in memory, locking a mounted device, or a
kio_uiserver deamon.  Try closing those with KDE System Guard.

--
JLK