daRcmaTTeR wrote:

> FemmeFatale wrote:
>
>> dear all,
>>
>> I asked this on newbie list some time ago, no answer.  so i'll re-post
>> here:
>>
>> Is it possible to install Mandrake after copying the right files to a
>> FAT32 partition?
>>

> Femme,
>
> Yes, I believe it is as long as you're not using the same physical disk.
>
> Mark

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Yes, just make a floppy out of images/hd.img and tell it the directory
that has Mandrake as a subdirectory.  It can even be on the same disk
and also works from ext2/ext3.

It is not that well known but linux will run on any filesystem it has
drivers for, including umsdos or FAT32, minix or what have you.

Civileme