Am Son, 2002-06-23 um 16.10 schrieb Ashley Reynolds:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to get my Xircom CardBus RealPort 10/100 Ethernet Adapter working
> with Mandrake 8.2 on my Toshiba Satellite 2100CDS notebook computer.  I am
> trying to use pcmcia-cs-3.1.31-5mdk.i586.rpm, the default package for Mandrake
> 8.2.

Hi,

i was playing around trying to set up a Netgear CardBus Card on a
Toshiba 1700-400 laptop. After half a day I gave up. Luckily I had
backed up all my data so I did a full reinstall and the card worked no
problem. I know this more the M$-way of doing things, I just couldn't
get the PCMCIA stuff configured by hand. Actually I am a little fed up
with MDK concering PCMCIA network configuration. "cardctl scheme xyz"
still refusese to work and I couldn't find any other way to cleanly set
up different network configuration for different locations.

Cheers,

Jan