I have an irq conflict between my wlan card and my winmodem.  If I use the
wlan card without using the modem, no problem, I can connect to my other
computer via wlan.  If I connect via modem to my ISP, it kills my wlan card
with a buttload of "Tx timeout! resetting card" and loss of ability to talk
to my other computer.

I looked at the irqs in use and see that irq 3 is for the wlan module/device
itself, and is unshared. The pcmcia controller, on the other hand (i82365)
shares irq 9 with the modem driver (ltserial).  I have read the PCMCIA howto
and it indicates that one thing I could try is to force the system to use
ONLY PCI interrupts by using the irq_mode=0 setting.  OK.  So, where does one
place this switch?  What file contains the "load i82365.o" command because it
sure isn't modules.conf.  Also, I don't know the syntax of the command.  The
HOWTO shows
"i82365 module: irq_mode=0"

Nice, but it sure doesn't say what the actual method of passing this switch
is, nor what file.

I don't need to add an insmod command anywhere, pcmcia support is autoloaded
at bootup.  How does one pass commands such as this?

praedor