Don't know about 8.2, but I also had a problem with the same video card on
Mandrake 8.1. What I eventually discovered was that the problem was not with
the video card, but something wrong with Mandrake's installation.  After
several email exchanges with Mandrake's tech support, finally was able to
talk to them by phone and they suggested running XFdrake from the command
line, but that also had problems not working correctly.  But I kept fiddling
with it and finally did get it to work, though I cannot, at the moment, give
you a step-by-step how-to ... but I will look for my notes and try to
follow-up later if someone else doesn't come through with the correct
formula.

Joe Lowder
Mesa, Arizona