Andrew George wrote:

>Hi,
>Anyone know how to configure RAID or LVM during a mandrake install?
>The options are there during diskdrake setup but I've always wondered about
>how well it works (and my best chance to try it turned out to be hardware
>raid so I didn't wind up using it)

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Yep, you choose partitions to be part of a RAID, then you cycle back
through those partitions and  select "Add to RAID" and answer the
questions with clicks, all very GUI.  I have made a RAID0 /usr and a
RAID5 /var over three SCSI and two IDE drives with hda having an ext2 /
parrtition.  Once you have all your RAIDs set up thenn you click on the
RAID tab and give the RAIDS you created mount points and filesystem
types (yes all the journaling filesystems are there).

I am finishing a manual on all this...  Should be available MandrakeClub
and maybe my site in just a few days.

Civileme