phoenix wrote:

> gprintf is missing
> [root@horace init.d]# locate gprintf
> [root@horace init.d]#
>
> [phoenix@horace phoenix]$ gprintf "Hi"
> bash: gprintf: command not found
>
> [root@horace root]# urpmf gprintf
> [root@horace root]#
>
> I've worked around this before but I can't remember how.
>
> Jim Tarvid

I too have found the "gprintf" command in various new scripts that I
have installed. It will not work on Mandrake or Red Hat. I usually just
change the script to read "printf" in the place of "gprintf". I have
searched rpmfind for such a binary but to no avail. If someone knows of
the package that installs "gprintf", I would sure love to hear about it.

drjung

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT Network/System Administration